Friday, October 06, 2006

Living a Dream

I've a Dream. Martin Lurther King gave this historic speech when he spoke of his desire for a future where blacks and whites would coexist harmoniously as equals. King's little speech on August 28, 1963 from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC is considered a defining moment of the American Civil Rights Movement. Often ranked as one of the greatest speeches in the history of mankind, it talks about a small Dream. That dream was soon going to revolutionize the whole of United States. Like King, all of us have a Dream. The dream to make it big. The dream to succeed. The dream to hold ground in harsh winds. On lonely nights. The dream to carry on amidst all the love and lovelessness. I think our little dreams are the answers to questions that we haven't yet figured out how to ask.

Often, I think about the places I need to go. About relationships I need to take along. About times-zones I shall trundle on. Much of it seems yonder, yet the dream lulls me to believe that it is so close. Within grasp. I am going to clench it one day! Nin, one of my fav French writers says, our life is composed greatly from dreams, from the unconscious, and they must be brought into connection with action. They must be woven together. It is this beautiful act of putting together one and one -- Dreams and action, that we actualize our dreams.

More often than not, I have these dreamy, fluffy clouds in my eyes, making me doodle the most innocent of things. I am holding hands and ambling across the orange sods of some European countryside. Quietly with my love! The small crackling sound of the autumn-fresh leaves under our feet. Looking ahead. Listening to the silences. Happy in the mind. And soul.

I have dreams about a little moron, I really adore. I wish to see my family jolly. Simple pleasures in life one cannot buy but cherish. Sometimes you don't know what you're missing until you reach out to touch it. Sometimes you can't see how soulful something is until it steps back into the sun. When you need love, dream.

There is a silly hang-up that troubles me at times. I find myself unloved. It is at these moments I try telling the only beautiful heart I have known -- in my dream: You might have loved me, if you had known me. If you had ever known my mind. If you would have walked through my dreams and memories. Who knows what treasures you might have found. Yes, I know you love me, stupid.

We live a small life. I want to live this short life -- Full -- in all its tiny moments. No one knows which way life takes us. Life is made up of small pleasures. Happiness is made up of those tiny successes. The big ones come too infrequently. And if you don't collect all these tiny successes, the big ones don't really mean anything!

I too have a dream today.

To sleep! perchance to dream:--ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,


Shakespeare,
Hamlet ACt III Scene I


Samy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very beautiful write-up. Kudos.

Anonymous said...

I loved this write up on DREAM

Cool

Anonymous said...

wow -- u rock as always

Anonymous said...

Hey, sadee --
Soni here, it is a pleasure reading you. As ever, you retain that classy touch and intellectual THING abt you.

Soni

Anonymous said...

a nice-soulful post

Anonymous said...

You blog sure gets quite a few comments. I'm going to read thru your posts and see why you are generating so much interest. Bye.