Monday, April 17, 2006

Free Love

By all means they try to hold me secure who love me in this world.
But it is otherwise with thy love which is greater than theirs,
and thou keepest me free.

Lest I forget them they never venture to leave me alone.
But day passes by after day and thou art not seen.

If I call not thee in my prayers, if I keep not thee in my heart,
thy love for me still waits for my love.


Don't we feel the same, at times. Words are the constant yet unnoticed currents that carry our thoughts. Aeons back, Tagore said the timeless words on Free Love. Decades later, I can easily identify with the greatest philosopher India has ever known!

In our small life-spans we truly long for a special glimpse. Although the whole world may conspire to like you and even if you may bask in the glory, you still yearn for that free love.

You rekindle the flame in your mind when it is nowhere else in sight!

Socratic again. That's me.

I will be concise. I've lots to catch up with!

Samy


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tagore was a mastero. A great poet and a deep thinker. I think you are right. We can always assiociate with his writings

Anonymous said...

soulful writings. tell u the truth, internet is full of all kinds of clutter and to find someone writing as beautifully and honestly as u is indeed heartning.

Kamal

Anonymous said...

love u swtheart!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for introducing Tagore. I'll try and lay my hands on his works.

Gd piece

Saher said...

Hi Sam,
You have a very nice blog...liked it a lot...leaving my footprints for you to remember that i was here to be a part of your thoughts!

Smiles!
Saher